Sunday, September 4, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] compression software

 

The problem here is that the MPEG format is a file compression
algorithm by definition.

Kinda like if you squeeze out a sponge, add a weight on top of it to
reduce the air spaces then dry it with high heat you get one of those
really compact toy animals that my kids like to play with in the bath
where it expands back to full size.

Then you come along and say, "How can I compress this sponge?" I
think it's already done.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong.

...Bryce

At 09:09 PM 9/3/2011, you wrote:
>I need something with the best ratio. I am trying to compress mpg
>files. I have tried zip and rar and get little space savings. Any ideas.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.