I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FS742/W laptop and have only been able to boot to USB with a UBCD4WIN kicker cd with UBCD4WIN on the USB flash drive.
So far after setting the BIOS I have been able to boot other computers to USB without a kicker CD. I have booted Lucid Puppy, Knoppix, DSLinux, Ubuntu and a host of other Linuxes on other computers but this Sony only makes the flash-drive light flash on and off then boots to the hard-drive. I have even setup a Sony VAIO desktop to boot to any of 5 OS's on the hard-drive or the USB with no problems.
Is there such thing as a BIOS mod to boot to USB?
I have used the Rom.by bios patcher to make an old computer recognize a larger HDD but it is not for the bios in the Sony VAIO.
Thanks in advance.
__._,_.___
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
MARKETPLACE
.
__,_._,___
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.