Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] Unwanted phone calls

 

On a Seinfeld episode, Jerry responded to a telemarketer: 'I'm busy right now, can I call you back later when you get home?' (or something like that)

After a pause (we only hear one side of the conversation): 'Oh, then you know how I feel!'

and hung up.

Apologies to Walt M. ... not exactly computer related.

rogerX

--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Norm Higgs <norm@...> wrote:
>
> Keep a whistle by the phone - blow it as soon as the telemarketer starts
> talking. OR - act interested and say 'hold on a second'. Then set the
> phone down (don't hang it up) and go about your business.
>
> Norm Higgs
> http://forbiddenpc.com
> http://forbiddenpc.blogspot.com
> http://www.power-blog.com/info/4365
> http://freetrafficbar.com?r=74276
>
>
> On 2011-10-26 7:13 AM, Tidings -- wrote:
> > Here in Canada we have a NO CALL LIST and it is totally ignored and uninforced it's
> > more than a joke. Our Phone number on it since 2008..
> >
> > Now a days I am using a new technique when a telemarketer calls I say HELLO and HELLO... for more than 10 times.
> > then he gets sick and tired of me and hangs up. Stay cool.. let him run not you.
> > Fred
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I have the same problem with my phone. And its always the same people
> > who are called even after I tell them I'm not interested in their
> > company and ask to be removed from there list of "Do not call list"
> > About the companies who know your address, they either register you in
> > their database when you called for one the last time you needed it.
> > The pizza companies around me know my name/address. I've used in
> > particular since I moved here and all he does is to look it up on the
> > data base.
> > I too find it annoying when I'm in the midst of doing something and
> > the phone rings and its a marketer. You can add your name to the US.
> > Government DO NOT CALL LIST that will eliminate a lot of your calls.
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > On 10/26/11, tidings_@...<tidings_@...> wrote:
> > > Due to very poor reception recently we have changed our home phone carrier
> > > from Vonage to the large
> > > local phone carrier.
> > >
> > > The day our phone was connected, we started receiving annoying calls from
> > > India and other parts of the
> > > world.They know us by name with our home address, even when time when I
> > > called a cab to go somewhere
> > > the cab co. knew my address and phone number without telling them.
> > >
> > > I have a feeling that phone companies sell our data base for profit.
> > > Any comments?
> > > Fred
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
> > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.