Sunday, November 6, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues

 

As a test I created a new email and I registered with the same site as I
did before. I had no problems what soever . Now my question to you is it
my gmail? My computer/phone or all 3 Gmail,computer and phone causing this
issue. If you can remember my very 1st reason for emailing you was because
I got an alert that the page I was on (Google maps) was not providing
identity information. I still am continuing to get that alert. And I also
see that same alert on my Android when I am on Google maps page,

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM, renee thompson <stephssaid40@gmail.com>wrote:

> I dont want to confuse anyone but I think its important to let you know
> that when replying to Rogerx's email I received a message that I was using
> an unencrypted page that could be easily viewed by a 3rd party.
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, RogerX19 <helpmeroger@earthlink.net>wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> If I may ask, when you registered using your Android phone, did you also
>> use the phone to go back and try to login to the Firefox support site?
>>
>> Did that fail?
>>
>> At the time, was your phone using 3G or WiFi?
>>
>> rogerX
>>
>>
>> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > C. Michael Stone,
>> >
>> > 1. I followed the link you provided me.
>> >
>> > 2. I registered with the site.
>> >
>> > 3. I verified everything with my Gmail account.
>> >
>> > 4. I attempted to login
>> >
>> > 5. I get a password error.
>> >
>> > 6. I tried to reset my password following all of my previous steps since
>> > this began.
>> >
>> > 7. I get a password error
>> >
>> > 8. I do see a link where u can contact the site administrator for this
>> > issue.
>> >
>> > 9. I sent him a detailed email of all the steps I have taken to register
>> > and login ti this site.
>> >
>> > I am super curious to understabd whats going on here. I would like to
>> say
>> > the only thing I did different this time was to use my Android
>> smartphone
>> > to register instead of my laptop.
>> >
>> > So the two constants would be the site and my Gmail account. My thinking
>> > is it really can't be my computer or my phone unless they are both oddly
>> > under attack by Malware. If that's the case then that leads me to
>> believe
>> > that possibly something is wrong with my Gmail or the site. What do you
>> > think?
>> > On Nov 6, 2011 8:09 AM, "C. Michael Stone" <Enots123@...> wrote:
>> >
>> > > **
>>
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > Firefox does not require you to register or log in to ask a question
>> or
>> > > get support. You only need to register is you want to contribute your
>> > > knowledge.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > Mike Stone
>> > >
>> > > -----Original Message-----
>> > > From: renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
>> > > To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
>> > > Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 10:50 pm
>> > > Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
>> > >
>> > > My initial reason to logon to the support site was because I noticed
>> in the
>> > > address bar on Google maps was a reddish orange color and when
>> hovering the
>> > > mouse over it I got an alert that this website (Google maps) did not
>> supply
>> > > ownership information and it was not using encryption. It was this
>> alert
>> > > that prompted me to look at the firefox settings which showed me a
>> lot of
>> > > various issues that are included in my first email requesting
>> assistance.
>> > > On Nov 5, 2011 5:05 PM, "C. Michael Stone" <Enots123@...> wrote:
>> > >
>> > > > **
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > Why do you need to log in to Firefox?
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > Mike Stone
>> > > >
>> > > > -----Original Message-----
>> > > > From: renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
>> > > > To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
>> > > > Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 4:17 pm
>> > > > Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
>> > > >
>> > > > I uninstalled firefox., I am still seeing the same security errors
>> of no
>> > > > encryption. I still cant log into the firefox account I am
>> receiving the
>> > > > same password error. I dont know if the problem for the updates is
>> an
>> > > issue
>> > > > as I am running the current version.
>> > > >
>> > > > On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM, vincentwinterling <
>> > > > vincewinterling@...
>>
>> > > > > wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > > **
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > > I would try to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller. I would use
>> the
>> > > most
>> > > > > "cleaning" setting. Then re-boot and download the latest copy and
>> see
>> > > > what
>> > > > > happens.
>> > > > >
>> > > > > Do you run any add-ons?
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson
>> <stephssaid40@
>> > > > ...>
>> > > > > wrote:
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > Vince,
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > It seems that I cant update to the current version. See the
>> attached
>> > > > > > screenshots. When I click on help it takes me to the support
>> page.
>> > > But
>> > > > I
>> > > > > > cant login or have a live chat. I have version 6.0 and I am
>> getting a
>> > > > > > message that updates are attempted but that date according
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > > What happens when you click on Firefox | Help. What version
>> are you
>> > > > and
>> > > > > > > does it state you're up to date. If you're not up to date
>> what does
>> > > > it
>> > > > > do?
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "sdubsdubsdub1"
>> > > > > <stephssaid40@>
>> > > > > > > wrote:
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > My OS is windows 7 64 bit Below is an email that I have
>> sent to
>> > > > > Mozilla
>> > > > > > > outling the problem . I am contacting you also as I don't feel
>> > > > > confident I
>> > > > > > > will get a reply to my problem:
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > -- I have 3 issues.
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > 1. When getting directions on Google maps In the address
>> bar it
>> > > > > shows me
>> > > > > > > that "This website does not supply identity information. Your
>> > > > > connection to
>> > > > > > > this web site is not encrypted"
>> > > > > > > > Firefox alerts me that I am not secure because I am not
>> updated.
>> > > > > > > > Which brings me to the second issue.
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > 2. Steps I took to resolve this issue:
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Firefox - options
>> > > > > > > > Advanced tab
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Update tab
>> > > > > > > > The first 3 boxes are checked :
>> > > > > > > > -/Firefox
>> > > > > > > > -/ Add-ons
>> > > > > > > > -/ Search Engines
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > When updates to Firefox are found there are two options
>> > > > > > > > Ask me what I want to do
>> > > > > > > > Automatically warn me if this will disable any of my
>> add-ons. I
>> > > hae
>> > > > > > > checked the 2nd option to warn me.
>> > > > > > > > Next I see show update history. I click that link . The
>> following
>> > > > is
>> > > > > > > what I see:
>> > > > > > > > Dating back to 9/5/2011 I see updates. Following are the
>> details
>> > > > > > > > "Firefox 6.0.1 security update installed on Monday 9/5/2011
>> > > 3:24:12
>> > > > > PM
>> > > > > > > > Status Update server not found check your internet
>> connection "
>> > > > > > > > My internet connection currently is fine. But I am currently
>> > > seeing
>> > > > > the
>> > > > > > > same error.
>> > > > > > > > There are 3 of the same failed attempts on prior occasions
>> > > > including
>> > > > > > > today.
>> > > > > > > > This takes me to my 3rd issue.
>> > > > > > > > 3. So I attempt to have a live chat. Chat is closed . So
>> attempt
>> > > to
>> > > > > ask
>> > > > > > > a question. Its required that I register. So I register. I
>> validate
>> > > > my
>> > > > > > > registration through the link in the email you send me. I
>> attempt
>> > > to
>> > > > > login
>> > > > > > > I cant due to invalid password error. I reset my password go
>> back
>> > > to
>> > > > my
>> > > > > > > email this time I cut and paste the link into my address bar.
>> I
>> > > > > attempt to
>> > > > > > > login. Invalid password I try a 3r and 4th time to login I am
>> very
>> > > > > careful
>> > > > > > > when resetting my password not to make errors and make sure
>> the
>> > > caps
>> > > > > lock
>> > > > > > > is off. Still I am getting an invalid password error.
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Can you provide me with some assistance.
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Stephanie
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > >
>> > >
>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=g&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Looks now there is a 4th issue when trying to submit my
>> request
>> > > for
>> > > > > help
>> > > > > > > I could not do so in your provided link: (
>> > > > > http://input.mozilla.com-enUS/feedbacksad ) so I have cut and
>> pasted
>> > > > this
>> > > > > to email
>> > > > >
>> > > > > > > to you from my gmail account. Which is also the email I
>> registered
>> > > > with
>> > > > > > > when trying to get support.
>> > > > > > > > i get an error invalid address. So I looked your address up
>> on
>> > > > > Google.
>> > > > > > > i'm crossing my fingers hoping you get my email.
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Thanks
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > --
>> > > > Stephanie
>> > > >
>> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> > > >
>> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > >
>> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> > >
>> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Stephanie
>

--
Stephanie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.