Sunday, December 4, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] DVD burner not detected in BIOS

 

Have you tried all the SATA ports? Does it see other SATA drives? I'm
sure you would mention if it were not powered.

DragonFly

On 12/3/2011 4:19 AM, Dave wrote:
> I don't think it's the motherboard, Mike, as I have had Windows 7
> running for several months. Thanks.
>
> Dave.
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com>, "C. Michael Stone"
> <Enots123@...> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe you have a motherboard that isn't compatible with Windows
> 7......I think these guys just went through a problem like that with
> someone.
> >
> >
> > Mike Stone
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Dave <dslj57@...>
> > To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com>>
> > Sent: Fri, Dec 2, 2011 1:02 pm
> > Subject: [Simply Computers] DVD burner not detected in BIOS
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi all! I had a few problem with my PC last week so I ran my OS disc
> to sort them all out in one go and turned to an older back up PC I have
> to use for some stuff. Bad news, the back up computer chose this
> particular time to pack in so I decided to run the OS disc on that one
> too, only the DVD drive doesn't work on it and I took the Sata cables
> from it and hooked them up to the DVD on the other PC - kind of like
> using a second vehicle to jump start the first.
> >
> > I finally got a fresh OS on my back up computer, but couldn't get the
> OS disc to run on the first computer and in bios the DVD drive was "not
> detected". I reckoned I must have damaged something by plugging and
> unplugging the Sata cables a few times, so I ordered a new DVD rewriter
> and it arrived today and even with the new DVD installed I can't get the
> OS disc to run and bios still has it "not detected". Any idea how I
> could run a fresh copy? I'm trying to get windows 7 on a TrendSonic PC.
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation of your help,
> >
> > Dave.
> >

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.