http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_formats
http://whatis.techtarget.com/file-extension-list-A/0,289933,sid9,00.html
I suppose there are other places to look, too.
Joan in Reno
--- On Sun, 12/4/11, fggybttm <fggybttm@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: fggybttm <fggybttm@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] More e-Babel ;-))
To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 9:13 PM
Thanks David, I get the picture, or got the word ;-).
I'd guessed that it was likely a Word document - which apparently required downloading the Viewer(I'm a wordpad fan), and then, also downloading some additional kind of compatibility protocol. After an hour or so of fiddling around, I remembered and resorted to Zamzar/whatever - which took all of ten minutes in order to view ;-)
Anyway, do you have any idea of how many diffeent files(if that's what's involved) there are? Are these the letters that follow the "." Is there a collection somewhere on display?
Anyway, thanks again.
FB
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, David Ron <david.m.ron@...> wrote:
>
> "E-mail attachment" is a generic concept that means any kind of file attached to an e-mail. But, different files require different programs to be opened in a form that can be understood by a human. Your e-mail application (or web browser) will do its best to try and figure out the correct program to use when you try to "open" an attachment. But it's not always the correct one nor is it absolutely sure that you will even have the right one to select from.
>
> So, there is no easy answer to your question, but I hope this helps you understand why.
>
> --David
>
>
>
> On 11/22/2011 05:14 PM, fggybttm wrote:
> >
> > While it may not surprise some among us, I can't figure out which of oodles of possibitlies will enable my opening/viewing an email attachment.
> > I haven't the slightest idea which of many possibilities it was 'written in', what would 'open' it, which of any number of choices 'on-line' would do the job, etc, etc, etc ;-((.
> > If anyone has a link to an unlocking method, that might be understood by a simpleton like me, please throw us a line.
> > There is no adobe, foxit, 'word' or pdf etc viewer on this 'backup' machine.
> > ;-))
> > FGGYBTTM
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.