I noticed that the optical drive also showed up in Device Manager with a
yellow mark, and upon further investigation I found that there was no
CD/DVD drive showing in My Computer either. So I did the normal
deleting of the upper and lower filters in the registry, which not only
fixed the missing DVD drive problem, but now MagicJack also works as
advertized. Must have been some corruption in those registry entries.
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
*
Ardell Faul
Computer Monitor Service Inc.
Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
10816 E. Mission Ave.,
Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
ardell@icehouse.net
509-891-5188
On 1/4/2012 3:42 PM, Ardell Faul wrote:
>
> I have a unit running Vista HP 32 bit that will not load a Magicjack
> device. I know the device is good and it installs properly in other
> computers, but in this unit Vista reports that it could not install the
> drivers for the device. The MagicJack FAQ seems to pretend they never
> heard of this problem, since there is NO mention of any driver problems
> ever for the MagicJack device, and the forums seem to lead nowhere also
>
> Anyone had experience with this in Vista?
>
> Ardell Faul
> Computer Monitor Service Inc.
> Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
> 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
> Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
> ardell@icehouse.net <mailto:ardell%40icehouse.net>
> 509-891-5188
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.