Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Re: [Simply Computers] MagicJack Vista drivers FIXED

 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ardell Faul" <ardell@icehouse.net>
To: <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] MagicJack Vista drivers FIXED

Yup ... sorry didn`n say that but that was what others found on the Vista
Forums

>I noticed that the optical drive also showed up in Device Manager with a
>yellow mark, and upon further investigation I found that there was no
>CD/DVD drive showing in My Computer either. So I did the normal
>deleting of the upper and lower filters in the registry, which not only

>fixed the missing DVD drive problem, but now MagicJack also works as
>advertized. Must have been some corruption in those registry entries.

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Exactl;y what I found out on the Vista Forums ... But why MagicJack should
interfer with the CD/DVD Drives is a complete mystery ... anyway .... You
got it working so Problem solved (Kinda).

Ian Fyvie -The Ferret

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.