Thursday, October 27, 2011

RE: [Simply Computers] Unwanted phone calls

 

Once caller id appeared on the scene I expected unwanted phone calls to
vanish.
If the number is not recognized the phone is left on the hook. If you pick
up the silly thing then you are part of the problem.

Google Jer
Woodhaven, Mi

-----Original Message-----
From: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Norm Higgs
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:52 PM
To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Unwanted phone calls

Keep a whistle by the phone - blow it as soon as the telemarketer starts
talking. OR - act interested and say 'hold on a second'. Then set the
phone down (don't hang it up) and go about your business.

Norm Higgs
http://forbiddenpc.com
http://forbiddenpc.blogspot.com
http://www.power-blog.com/info/4365
http://freetrafficbar.com?r=74276

On 2011-10-26 7:13 AM, Tidings -- wrote:
> Here in Canada we have a NO CALL LIST and it is totally ignored and
uninforced it's
> more than a joke. Our Phone number on it since 2008..
>
> Now a days I am using a new technique when a telemarketer calls I say
HELLO and HELLO... for more than 10 times.
> then he gets sick and tired of me and hangs up. Stay cool.. let him run
not you.
> Fred
>
>
>
>
>
> I have the same problem with my phone. And its always the same people
> who are called even after I tell them I'm not interested in their
> company and ask to be removed from there list of "Do not call list"
> About the companies who know your address, they either register you in
> their database when you called for one the last time you needed it.
> The pizza companies around me know my name/address. I've used in
> particular since I moved here and all he does is to look it up on the
> data base.
> I too find it annoying when I'm in the midst of doing something and
> the phone rings and its a marketer. You can add your name to the US.
> Government DO NOT CALL LIST that will eliminate a lot of your calls.
> Good Luck!
>
> On 10/26/11, tidings_@hotmail.com<tidings_@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Due to very poor reception recently we have changed our home phone
carrier
> > from Vonage to the large
> > local phone carrier.
> >
> > The day our phone was connected, we started receiving annoying calls
from
> > India and other parts of the
> > world.They know us by name with our home address, even when time
when I
> > called a cab to go somewhere
> > the cab co. knew my address and phone number without telling them.
> >
> > I have a feeling that phone companies sell our data base for profit.
> > Any comments?
> > Fred
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing
100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply
Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the
Internet.
> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

------------------------------------

Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing
100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply
Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the
Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.