Well, I'm glad it was not an issue with IE9. I've been thinking of upgrading ... tried it once when it first came out, but it had a hard time loading pages from this Group, so I'm back on IE8.
Feel free to ask all the questions that you want to ... This Group reports it has 10,060 members ... if you have a question, there's a good chance that someone else is wondering the same thing.
rogerX
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Gmail" <jhnidy@...> wrote:
>
> Did you ever send an email and 10 seconds later wish that you could call it
> back?
>
> When I "could not find the printer" the sun was shining on the screen and I
> failed to notice one important detail.
>
> The printer selection window was not the big rectangle I was accustomed to
> but rather a short slit. It did not have an up and down arrow connected to
> the side. BUT it did have some arrows on the bottom and once I got the
> screen out of the sunlight I noticed those arrows on the bottom.
> Sure enough, when I clicked on the arrows, I was able to find the nx105.
>
> This brings up an interesting question about helping people on a list such
> as this. In one of the auto help groups, a couple of weeks and lots of
> bandwidth was shot up fixing a car that had no dash lights. After two
> weeks, somebody took the plunge and suggested that the dimmer control was
> turned off. That was the answer but people feared to post it thinking that
> the dude with the problem would be upset that he was considered dumb enough
> not to know about the dimmer.
>
> Since the answer was correct, the poster was not unhappy but other instances
> have proven that questioners can become very upset when you post the simple
> solution.
>
> For future reference, I am not going to be upset if you suggest the very
> simplest answer to a question I post.
>
> I am not going to be so quick to ask questions in the future.
>
> Google Jer
> Woodhaven, Mi
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vincentwinterling
> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:19 PM
> To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: Printer not found by IE9
>
> Have you by chance tried clicking on "find printer" in the print dialog box
> in IE9?
>
> What is the nx printer connected to? Your desktop? Sounds like an odd one...
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Gmail" <jhnidy@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a wireless printer on this network but I also have a usb printer
> > NX105 here on the desk. So if I am at the desk and am too lazy to walk
> over
> > to the wireless, I can select the nx105 that is sitting here.
> >
> > EXCEPT when I am trying to print a page from IE9. When I punch up the
> print
> > options, the desktop nx105 is not offered as a choice. Only the wireless
> > network printer appears.
> >
> > If I exit IE9 and go into open office or outlook, the NX105 can be
> selected
> > and used to print.
> >
> > There is an excellent chance that when I upgraded to 9, this printer was
> not
> > connected to the laptop. Does this mean that I will have to reinstall
> IE9?
> >
> >
> > Google Jer
> > Woodhaven, Mi
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing
> 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply
> Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the
> Internet.
> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.