Thanks for the links.
Interesting reading!
rogerX
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, waltmatheus <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> Windows 7 - Malwarebytes and Safe mode
> http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/53038-malwarebytes-safe-mode.html
> http://tinyurl.com/3v9u5op
>
> Perhaps you should question exile360 in regard to safe mode usage.
> In regard to drivers, and exile360:
> http://forums.malwarebytes.org//index.php?showtopic=9426
> http://tinyurl.com/6fuhaxh
> http://forums.malwarebytes.org//index.php?showtopic=18813
> http://tinyurl.com/3u5c7w6
>
> BTW: Don't apologize to just me for those spam postings that are non-computer related(posted in a different thread), I'll not "blow the whistle" to the moderators. Apparently it has become an acceptable practice to ignore the group rules.
>
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "RogerX19" <helpmeroger@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Walt,
> >
> > I read your post with great interest, as I am one of those who recommend running Malwarebytes' Antimalware in Safe Mode.
> >
> > I had not been to the Malwarebytes Support Forum before, so went there immediately and found a posting from you about this. Someone who seems to be one of their advanced users, by the name of Advanced Setup, responded to you:
> >
> > "You should always use Normal Mode if at all possible. Safe Mode usage is only in the event that you cannot get it to run in Normal Mode"
> >
> > I then ran a Search on the Support Forum for "Safe Mode" and got a bunch of responses.
> >
> > One was from exile360 (another advanced user), who listed steps to take to clean out an infection.
> >
> > His first suggestion was to run the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, download Malwarebytes and run it from there:
> >
> > http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=85715
> >
> > I did not search the whole forum, nor read all the messages, but I did not find a reference to any "drivers" that Malwarebytes needs to load, nor have I encountered any driver errors when running Malwarebytes.
> >
> > Granted, running any anti-malware program in Normal mode is the most convenient, but malware often infects .dll files, and other files that are loaded during a Normal boot. Anti-malware programs can sometimes not disinfect files that Windows is protecting. In this case, the next step is to try to run it in Safe Mode.
> >
> > Running in Normal mode is a step I often ignore when responding to people who come here looking for help. It saves me a lot of typing just to say restart in Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes. (and explain how to do that)
> >
> > I am still interesed in reading any posts that you found suggesting to not run it in Safe Mode, if you can direct me to them.
> >
> > rogerX
> >
> >
> > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, waltmatheus <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > It is not "best to run malwarebytes in Safe Mode". That is a myth.
> > >
> > > If you go to the malwarebytes forums you will find that the only time they suggest running it in safe mode is if the normal mode fails.
> > >
> > > Safe mode doesn't let MBAM load all it's drivers which are often necessary for the best detection and removal results. MBAM works in safe mode but is crippled, so if at all possible it should be used in normal mode in an admin account.
> > >
> > > And, you should perform a quick scan instead of the full one.
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Grenville Dixon <grenville.dixon@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi, have you considered downloading the free anti-malware program called 'malwarebytes' (malwarebytes.org). If at all possible this should be downloaded to an uninfected computer and saved on to a pen drive. This can then be plugged in to your laptop. It is best to run malwarebytes in Safe Mode.
> > > >
> > > > Hope this helps,
> > > >
> > > > Grenville
> > >
> > >
> > > > To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> > > > From: iknowcomputers@
> > > > Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 18:39:37 +0000
> > > > Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: trojan horse
> > >
> > > > How are you running the Acer disc? Are you running it from Windoze or from bootup?
> > >
> > >
> > > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "dvdlkng58" <dvdlkng58@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I have an acer 5736Z laptop that I purchased back in April. I am running Windows 7 64-bit edition and Microsoft security essentials. I received a virus the other day. A yes or no windows message popped up and I clicked on yes. I was reading something else at the time and wasn't paying attention. All of a sudden I had 23 warning windows pop up at the same time along with an ad for some software. I closed them and restarted the computer and got the same thing over and over. I did a system restore and found out the hard drive was full I cleand the cache and fixed that; then ran CCleaner. I seem to have fixed most of the damage; but still have two problems. 1) keep getting windows explorer has stopped working message. 2) can't get my back up discs to load. I have follwed the instruction on Acer eRecovery management and even tried reinstalling it and changing the disc playing option to auto play did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dave.
>
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.