Sunday, November 6, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] msconfig and srartup.

 

No it wont cause your computer to become non-functional. There is a nice long list of start-up programs at bleeping computer.com.

If you want to take the time you can go there, look-up each of your programs listed in start-up and it will tell you if they are necessary or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

Mike Stone

-----Original Message-----
From: choppbobby <choppbobby@yahoo.com>
To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Nov 6, 2011 11:47 am
Subject: [Simply Computers] msconfig and srartup.

My computer was given to me,and I'm trying to find out what is on it.
One of the things I've done is to run msconfig and the "Startup" tab. There is a very long list in "Startup". I have Googled most of them and they refer to graphics cards and audio controls.
If I remove one or all of these from "Startup" will that cause it to become nonfunctional?
I have Win XP Home SP 3. (I remembered this time.)
Bob

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.