Sunday, November 6, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues

 

Just a question on the site log-in. Is it possible you're still logged
in via your phone and so the site is blocking you on the computer (or
vice-versa)?

On 06/11/2011 17:45, renee thompson wrote:
> As a test I created a new email and I registered with the same site as I
> did before. I had no problems what soever . Now my question to you is it
> my gmail? My computer/phone or all 3 Gmail,computer and phone causing this
> issue. If you can remember my very 1st reason for emailing you was because
> I got an alert that the page I was on (Google maps) was not providing
> identity information. I still am continuing to get that alert. And I also
> see that same alert on my Android when I am on Google maps page,
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM, renee thompson<stephssaid40@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I dont want to confuse anyone but I think its important to let you know
>> that when replying to Rogerx's email I received a message that I was using
>> an unencrypted page that could be easily viewed by a 3rd party.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, RogerX19<helpmeroger@earthlink.net>wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>>
>>>
>>> If I may ask, when you registered using your Android phone, did you also
>>> use the phone to go back and try to login to the Firefox support site?
>>>
>>> Did that fail?
>>>
>>> At the time, was your phone using 3G or WiFi?
>>>
>>> rogerX
>>>
>>>
>>> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson<stephssaid40@...>
>>> wrote:
>>>> C. Michael Stone,
>>>>
>>>> 1. I followed the link you provided me.
>>>>
>>>> 2. I registered with the site.
>>>>
>>>> 3. I verified everything with my Gmail account.
>>>>
>>>> 4. I attempted to login
>>>>
>>>> 5. I get a password error.
>>>>
>>>> 6. I tried to reset my password following all of my previous steps since
>>>> this began.
>>>>
>>>> 7. I get a password error
>>>>
>>>> 8. I do see a link where u can contact the site administrator for this
>>>> issue.
>>>>
>>>> 9. I sent him a detailed email of all the steps I have taken to register
>>>> and login ti this site.
>>>>
>>>> I am super curious to understabd whats going on here. I would like to
>>> say
>>>> the only thing I did different this time was to use my Android
>>> smartphone
>>>> to register instead of my laptop.
>>>>
>>>> So the two constants would be the site and my Gmail account. My thinking
>>>> is it really can't be my computer or my phone unless they are both oddly
>>>> under attack by Malware. If that's the case then that leads me to
>>> believe
>>>> that possibly something is wrong with my Gmail or the site. What do you
>>>> think?
>>>> On Nov 6, 2011 8:09 AM, "C. Michael Stone"<Enots123@...> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> **
>>>>>
>>>>> Firefox does not require you to register or log in to ask a question
>>> or
>>>>> get support. You only need to register is you want to contribute your
>>>>> knowledge.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Mike Stone
>>>>>
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: renee thompson<stephssaid40@...>
>>>>> To: simplycomputers2<simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
>>>>> Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 10:50 pm
>>>>> Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
>>>>>
>>>>> My initial reason to logon to the support site was because I noticed
>>> in the
>>>>> address bar on Google maps was a reddish orange color and when
>>> hovering the
>>>>> mouse over it I got an alert that this website (Google maps) did not
>>> supply
>>>>> ownership information and it was not using encryption. It was this
>>> alert
>>>>> that prompted me to look at the firefox settings which showed me a
>>> lot of
>>>>> various issues that are included in my first email requesting
>>> assistance.
>>>>> On Nov 5, 2011 5:05 PM, "C. Michael Stone"<Enots123@...> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> **
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Why do you need to log in to Firefox?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mike Stone
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>> From: renee thompson<stephssaid40@...>
>>>>>> To: simplycomputers2<simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
>>>>>> Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 4:17 pm
>>>>>> Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I uninstalled firefox., I am still seeing the same security errors
>>> of no
>>>>>> encryption. I still cant log into the firefox account I am
>>> receiving the
>>>>>> same password error. I dont know if the problem for the updates is
>>> an
>>>>> issue
>>>>>> as I am running the current version.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM, vincentwinterling<
>>>>>> vincewinterling@...
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> **
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I would try to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller. I would use
>>> the
>>>>> most
>>>>>>> "cleaning" setting. Then re-boot and download the latest copy and
>>> see
>>>>>> what
>>>>>>> happens.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Do you run any add-ons?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson
>>> <stephssaid40@
>>>>>> ...>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Vince,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It seems that I cant update to the current version. See the
>>> attached
>>>>>>>> screenshots. When I click on help it takes me to the support
>>> page.
>>>>> But
>>>>>> I
>>>>>>>> cant login or have a live chat. I have version 6.0 and I am
>>> getting a
>>>>>>>> message that updates are attempted but that date according
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> What happens when you click on Firefox | Help. What version
>>> are you
>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>> does it state you're up to date. If you're not up to date
>>> what does
>>>>>> it
>>>>>>> do?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "sdubsdubsdub1"
>>>>>>> <stephssaid40@>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> My OS is windows 7 64 bit Below is an email that I have
>>> sent to
>>>>>>> Mozilla
>>>>>>>>> outling the problem . I am contacting you also as I don't feel
>>>>>>> confident I
>>>>>>>>> will get a reply to my problem:
>>>>>>>>>> -- I have 3 issues.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 1. When getting directions on Google maps In the address
>>> bar it
>>>>>>> shows me
>>>>>>>>> that "This website does not supply identity information. Your
>>>>>>> connection to
>>>>>>>>> this web site is not encrypted"
>>>>>>>>>> Firefox alerts me that I am not secure because I am not
>>> updated.
>>>>>>>>>> Which brings me to the second issue.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2. Steps I took to resolve this issue:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Firefox - options
>>>>>>>>>> Advanced tab
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Update tab
>>>>>>>>>> The first 3 boxes are checked :
>>>>>>>>>> -/Firefox
>>>>>>>>>> -/ Add-ons
>>>>>>>>>> -/ Search Engines
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> When updates to Firefox are found there are two options
>>>>>>>>>> Ask me what I want to do
>>>>>>>>>> Automatically warn me if this will disable any of my
>>> add-ons. I
>>>>> hae
>>>>>>>>> checked the 2nd option to warn me.
>>>>>>>>>> Next I see show update history. I click that link . The
>>> following
>>>>>> is
>>>>>>>>> what I see:
>>>>>>>>>> Dating back to 9/5/2011 I see updates. Following are the
>>> details
>>>>>>>>>> "Firefox 6.0.1 security update installed on Monday 9/5/2011
>>>>> 3:24:12
>>>>>>> PM
>>>>>>>>>> Status Update server not found check your internet
>>> connection "
>>>>>>>>>> My internet connection currently is fine. But I am currently
>>>>> seeing
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>> same error.
>>>>>>>>>> There are 3 of the same failed attempts on prior occasions
>>>>>> including
>>>>>>>>> today.
>>>>>>>>>> This takes me to my 3rd issue.
>>>>>>>>>> 3. So I attempt to have a live chat. Chat is closed . So
>>> attempt
>>>>> to
>>>>>>> ask
>>>>>>>>> a question. Its required that I register. So I register. I
>>> validate
>>>>>> my
>>>>>>>>> registration through the link in the email you send me. I
>>> attempt
>>>>> to
>>>>>>> login
>>>>>>>>> I cant due to invalid password error. I reset my password go
>>> back
>>>>> to
>>>>>> my
>>>>>>>>> email this time I cut and paste the link into my address bar.
>>> I
>>>>>>> attempt to
>>>>>>>>> login. Invalid password I try a 3r and 4th time to login I am
>>> very
>>>>>>> careful
>>>>>>>>> when resetting my password not to make errors and make sure
>>> the
>>>>> caps
>>>>>>> lock
>>>>>>>>> is off. Still I am getting an invalid password error.
>>>>>>>>>> Can you provide me with some assistance.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Stephanie
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=g&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
>>>>>>>>>> Looks now there is a 4th issue when trying to submit my
>>> request
>>>>> for
>>>>>>> help
>>>>>>>>> I could not do so in your provided link: (
>>>>>>> http://input.mozilla.com-enUS/feedbacksad ) so I have cut and
>>> pasted
>>>>>> this
>>>>>>> to email
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> to you from my gmail account. Which is also the email I
>>> registered
>>>>>> with
>>>>>>>>> when trying to get support.
>>>>>>>>>> i get an error invalid address. So I looked your address up
>>> on
>>>>>>> Google.
>>>>>>>>> i'm crossing my fingers hoping you get my email.
>>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Stephanie
>>>>>>
>>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>>
>>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>
>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Stephanie
>>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.