When I registered with my Android I also attempted to login with my Android
and I also clicked on the link to the administrator with my Android to
send him an email regarding issue. I have not received a reply from them
as of yet
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, RogerX19 <helpmeroger@earthlink.net> wrote:
> **
>
>
> If I may ask, when you registered using your Android phone, did you also
> use the phone to go back and try to login to the Firefox support site?
>
> Did that fail?
>
> At the time, was your phone using 3G or WiFi?
>
> rogerX
>
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > C. Michael Stone,
> >
> > 1. I followed the link you provided me.
> >
> > 2. I registered with the site.
> >
> > 3. I verified everything with my Gmail account.
> >
> > 4. I attempted to login
> >
> > 5. I get a password error.
> >
> > 6. I tried to reset my password following all of my previous steps since
> > this began.
> >
> > 7. I get a password error
> >
> > 8. I do see a link where u can contact the site administrator for this
> > issue.
> >
> > 9. I sent him a detailed email of all the steps I have taken to register
> > and login ti this site.
> >
> > I am super curious to understabd whats going on here. I would like to say
> > the only thing I did different this time was to use my Android smartphone
> > to register instead of my laptop.
> >
> > So the two constants would be the site and my Gmail account. My thinking
> > is it really can't be my computer or my phone unless they are both oddly
> > under attack by Malware. If that's the case then that leads me to believe
> > that possibly something is wrong with my Gmail or the site. What do you
> > think?
> > On Nov 6, 2011 8:09 AM, "C. Michael Stone" <Enots123@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
>
> > >
> > >
> > > Firefox does not require you to register or log in to ask a question or
> > > get support. You only need to register is you want to contribute your
> > > knowledge.
> > >
> > >
> > > Mike Stone
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
> > > To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
> > > Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 10:50 pm
> > > Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
> > >
> > > My initial reason to logon to the support site was because I noticed
> in the
> > > address bar on Google maps was a reddish orange color and when
> hovering the
> > > mouse over it I got an alert that this website (Google maps) did not
> supply
> > > ownership information and it was not using encryption. It was this
> alert
> > > that prompted me to look at the firefox settings which showed me a lot
> of
> > > various issues that are included in my first email requesting
> assistance.
> > > On Nov 5, 2011 5:05 PM, "C. Michael Stone" <Enots123@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > > **
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Why do you need to log in to Firefox?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Mike Stone
> > > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: renee thompson <stephssaid40@...>
> > > > To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Sent: Sat, Nov 5, 2011 4:17 pm
> > > > Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: Firefox issues
> > > >
> > > > I uninstalled firefox., I am still seeing the same security errors
> of no
> > > > encryption. I still cant log into the firefox account I am receiving
> the
> > > > same password error. I dont know if the problem for the updates is an
> > > issue
> > > > as I am running the current version.
> > > >
> > > > On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM, vincentwinterling <
> > > > vincewinterling@...
>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > **
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I would try to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller. I would use the
> > > most
> > > > > "cleaning" setting. Then re-boot and download the latest copy and
> see
> > > > what
> > > > > happens.
> > > > >
> > > > > Do you run any add-ons?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, renee thompson
> <stephssaid40@
> > > > ...>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Vince,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It seems that I cant update to the current version. See the
> attached
> > > > > > screenshots. When I click on help it takes me to the support
> page.
> > > But
> > > > I
> > > > > > cant login or have a live chat. I have version 6.0 and I am
> getting a
> > > > > > message that updates are attempted but that date according
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > What happens when you click on Firefox | Help. What version
> are you
> > > > and
> > > > > > > does it state you're up to date. If you're not up to date what
> does
> > > > it
> > > > > do?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "sdubsdubsdub1"
> > > > > <stephssaid40@>
> > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > My OS is windows 7 64 bit Below is an email that I have sent
> to
> > > > > Mozilla
> > > > > > > outling the problem . I am contacting you also as I don't feel
> > > > > confident I
> > > > > > > will get a reply to my problem:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > -- I have 3 issues.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 1. When getting directions on Google maps In the address bar
> it
> > > > > shows me
> > > > > > > that "This website does not supply identity information. Your
> > > > > connection to
> > > > > > > this web site is not encrypted"
> > > > > > > > Firefox alerts me that I am not secure because I am not
> updated.
> > > > > > > > Which brings me to the second issue.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 2. Steps I took to resolve this issue:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Firefox - options
> > > > > > > > Advanced tab
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Update tab
> > > > > > > > The first 3 boxes are checked :
> > > > > > > > -/Firefox
> > > > > > > > -/ Add-ons
> > > > > > > > -/ Search Engines
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > When updates to Firefox are found there are two options
> > > > > > > > Ask me what I want to do
> > > > > > > > Automatically warn me if this will disable any of my
> add-ons. I
> > > hae
> > > > > > > checked the 2nd option to warn me.
> > > > > > > > Next I see show update history. I click that link . The
> following
> > > > is
> > > > > > > what I see:
> > > > > > > > Dating back to 9/5/2011 I see updates. Following are the
> details
> > > > > > > > "Firefox 6.0.1 security update installed on Monday 9/5/2011
> > > 3:24:12
> > > > > PM
> > > > > > > > Status Update server not found check your internet
> connection "
> > > > > > > > My internet connection currently is fine. But I am currently
> > > seeing
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > same error.
> > > > > > > > There are 3 of the same failed attempts on prior occasions
> > > > including
> > > > > > > today.
> > > > > > > > This takes me to my 3rd issue.
> > > > > > > > 3. So I attempt to have a live chat. Chat is closed . So
> attempt
> > > to
> > > > > ask
> > > > > > > a question. Its required that I register. So I register. I
> validate
> > > > my
> > > > > > > registration through the link in the email you send me. I
> attempt
> > > to
> > > > > login
> > > > > > > I cant due to invalid password error. I reset my password go
> back
> > > to
> > > > my
> > > > > > > email this time I cut and paste the link into my address bar. I
> > > > > attempt to
> > > > > > > login. Invalid password I try a 3r and 4th time to login I am
> very
> > > > > careful
> > > > > > > when resetting my password not to make errors and make sure the
> > > caps
> > > > > lock
> > > > > > > is off. Still I am getting an invalid password error.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Can you provide me with some assistance.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Stephanie
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=g&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Looks now there is a 4th issue when trying to submit my
> request
> > > for
> > > > > help
> > > > > > > I could not do so in your provided link: (
> > > > > http://input.mozilla.com-enUS/feedbacksad ) so I have cut and
> pasted
> > > > this
> > > > > to email
> > > > >
> > > > > > > to you from my gmail account. Which is also the email I
> registered
> > > > with
> > > > > > > when trying to get support.
> > > > > > > > i get an error invalid address. So I looked your address up
> on
> > > > > Google.
> > > > > > > i'm crossing my fingers hoping you get my email.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Thanks
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Stephanie
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
--
Stephanie
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.