Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fw: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE

 

I have put my computer to another date, a restore point.  It still does not do a disc clean up, or disc defragment, I don't want to go into safe mode as don't know enough about computers.  What can be done next?
 
Liz

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: liz <piglet28266@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com" <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 December 2011, 0:12
Subject: Fw: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE


Hope you had a good christmas, sorry I wasn't around to have remote assistance to fix my partners computer, ie location of pictures, windows media, disc clean up etc, any idea when someone can do remote assitance again.
 
Many thanks

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: liz <piglet28266@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com" <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 25 December 2011, 0:48
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE


Yes thats fine!


________________________________
From: C. Michael Stone <Enots123@aol.com>
To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 25 December 2011, 0:42
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE


 

Liz

Please let Roger remotely connect to your computer and I am sure he can fix most of your problems.

Mike Stone

-----Original Message-----
From: liz <piglet28266@yahoo.co.uk>
To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: helpmeroger <helpmeroger@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sat, Dec 24, 2011 11:39 am
Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE

HI Roger

Sorry to bother you, how do you reinstall windows. The only antivirus I have is windows security centre. AVG is not listed in the programs, I cannot doa defragment or disc clean up, nothing happens. How do you do a windows defender run!

Many thanks for your help, happy christmas.

________________________________
From: RogerX19 <helpmeroger@earthlink.net>
To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2011, 17:18
Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE

The easiest way for you to fix these problems is probably to reinstall Windows.

This is not the solution-of-choice for many people who visit this Group, but then they have much more knowledge of computer and other resources to use.

If it's Windows Media "Player" that you're missing, you may be able to download it from Microsoft.

Your next message mentions that the Defender service is not running.

You can try to turn it on . Click START, then RIGHT click on Computer and click Manage.

Look in the window for "Services"

In Services, find Windows Defender and right click and open Properties. Set it to start Automatically (in the future). Then go ahead and start it manually.

let us know

ps. I will have time this weekend to do a remote login to your computer and take a look, if you like.

rogerX

--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, liz <piglet28266@...> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Â
> I tried to do what you said about defender but it wouldn't turn on, it said it was turned off, think the engineer deleted it/somehow. It is under the programs if you go into my computer and look under programs as is windows media.
> Â
> I go into photos but cannot see them unless I click on each one, it was better when I had windows media.
>
> What is the easiest way to solve these problems, I can't restore to an earlier time than when the engineer had the computer.
> Â
> Â
> Liz
>
> ________________________________
> From: RogerX19 <helpmeroger@...>
> To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2011, 1:47
> Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
>
>
>
> Â
>
> Hi Liz,
>
> Defender is included with Windows 7, but does not appear in the program menus. It's in Control Panel.
>
> Or you can click on START and then type Defender in the Search box. That should show a link to it.
>
> You don't need Windows Media Center or Media Player just to view photos.
>
> If you open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go to the Pictures folder, and try to open a picture, what happens?
>
> You told us it doesn't work, but you didn't say what happens when you try.
>
> rogerX
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, liz <piglet28266@> wrote:
> >
> > I am still having problems with my partners computer. I now find the following. He has windows 7.
> > Â
> > I am trying to use windows defender, it is not in the programs, think the engineer deleted it. I tried to reinstall but am told by the computer that is already included in windows vista, my partner has windows 7! Â
> > Â
> > I cannot look at any photos properly, looked for windows media, thats not in the programs either!
> > Â
> > I await your advice, sorry once again.
> > Â
> > Â
> > Liz
> > x
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.