Tuesday, December 27, 2011

[Simply Computers] Re: Recommendation about using/adding Standard User in Win7

 

You might want to create a new account and make it the Administrator, then change your existing account to Standard. That way everything will still be the way you have it set up now.

--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "ejhberg" <ejhcolo@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have a Dell XPS 9100, Win7 Home Premium. I have a firewall (ESET) and am also behind a wired router.
> I read in several e-newsletters that it is not a good idea to do everyday computing logged in as a user with Administrative rights. That is what I currently do. I have one user with Admin rights, and the Guest User is not active.
> The recommendation was to set up a Standard User, and use that to work (e-mail, Word, Web surfing, etc.), and switch to the User with Admin rights only when needed.
> So, my questions are:
> What are your thoughts about that recommendation? Should I be a Standard User when using my computer? If you think yes, what do you recommend as the easiest way to set up the Standard User? I want all of the programs I use now as the User with Admin rights to be available to the Standard User. I want the Desktop to look the same, I want Windows Explorer settings to be the same, Firefox Bookmarks available, etc.
> Thanks in advance.
> Ellen
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.