I think the computer would do what you described adequately but I would keep the XP operating system. Often older computers do not work well on newer Operating Systems.
Mike Stone
-----Original Message-----
From: billnsotx <Bill.45.70@gmail.com>
To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Dec 28, 2011 8:49 am
Subject: [Simply Computers] Is old desktop worth saving?
I have an old HP Pavillion, 512 SDRAM, 1.4GHz ADM, XP Hm Edition that I was going to throw out, but now wondering if it's worth getting rid of XP (wipe it, if that's the correct term) and possibly installing another operating system.
All I want it for is gmail, surfing the web. I'd like to be able to access you-tube and be able to open email attachments (pdf, jpgs). Not concerned with editing pix or formating disking or messing with music and videos.
Do you think it's worth messing with? If so, want OS?
Thanks for any replies. ~Bill
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.