I agree, for what you want to do keep the XP. Make sure you have SP3 and all critical windows updates.
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "C. Michael Stone" <Enots123@...> wrote:
>
> I think the computer would do what you described adequately but I would keep the XP operating system. Often older computers do not work well on newer Operating Systems.
>
> Mike Stone
> From: billnsotx <Bill.45.70@...>
> Sent: Wed, Dec 28, 2011 8:49 am
> Subject: [Simply Computers] Is old desktop worth saving?
>
> I have an old HP Pavillion, 512 SDRAM, 1.4GHz ADM, XP Hm Edition that I was going to throw out, but now wondering if it's worth getting rid of XP (wipe it, if that's the correct term) and possibly installing another operating system.
>
> All I want it for is gmail, surfing the web. I'd like to be able to access you-tube and be able to open email attachments (pdf, jpgs). Not concerned with editing pix or formating disking or messing with music and videos.
>
> Do you think it's worth messing with? If so, want OS?
>
> Thanks for any replies. ~Bill
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.