Many thanks. I think it has a virus or trojan or something but I have a set
of recovery disks. I'll give it try. I would think it will write over
everything that's there. There is nothing as far as files that are
important. I was going to toss it.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
~Bill
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM, spud <grandamfirebird@gmail.com> wrote:
> **
>
>
> I have seen on some older Computers this : You can not get any windows
> updates till u put on SP3 .
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24
>
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...> wrote:
> >
> > Sure. Just reinstall XP for best performance. It will run well with
> > 512 Mb of ram, a lot better with 1 gbyte. If you have the restore discs
> > it will take the unit back to the date it was manufactured, but all the
> > drivers will be there. If you install from a Windows XP CD with a
> > product/activation key, you will have to find and download the drivers
> > to make all the hardware function, and also in both instances you will
> > have to install at least SP3 and about 122 updates to get the unit up to
> > speed and secure.
> >
> > Ardell Faul
> > Computer Monitor Service Inc.
> > Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
> > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
> > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
> > ardell@...
>
> > 509-891-5188
> >
> >
> > On 12/28/2011 1:02 PM, billnsotx wrote:
> > >
> > > I have an old HP Pavillion, 512 SDRAM, 1.4GHz ADM, XP Hm Edition that
> > > I was going to throw out, but now wondering if it's worth getting rid
> > > of XP (wipe it, if that's the correct term) and possibly installing
> > > another operating system.
> > >
> > > All I want it for is gmail, surfing the web. I'd like to be able to
> > > access you-tube and be able to open email attachments (pdf, jpgs). Not
> > > concerned with editing pix or formating disking or messing with music
> > > and videos.
> > >
> > > Do you think it's worth messing with? If so, want OS?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any replies. ~Bill
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.