Greetings Everyone. I have been out of town visiting my relatives in
warm, wonderful, snow-free (really) North Dakota. All the workers who
are living in tents around Williston working in the newly developing oil
fields are probably laughing at all the dire warnings they have been
getting about the severity of No Dak Winters. I hope they don't laugh
too long because there is a good chance they will wake up stiff like a
pop sickle at 30 degrees below zero before spring hits. LOL.
At any rate, I did see this thread before I left, but the details
reported to not lead in a clear direction. But one thing is pretty
certain--if your built-in keyboard does not work normally or let you
into BIOS by tapping F2, AND an external keyboard also does not let you
into BIOS by pressing F2, something basically wrong with the
motherboard. An external USB keyboard that is plugged in before you
turn the unit on will come up as fully functional and allow you to enter
bios by pressing F2 or to select the Boot Menu by pressing F12. If
neither on these features work, you have a problem that is deeper than a
keyboard problem.
Ardell Faul
Computer Monitor Service Inc.
Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
10816 E. Mission Ave.,
Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
ardell@icehouse.net
509-891-5188
On 12/26/2011 6:10 PM, RogerX19 wrote:
>
> I'd send it to Ardell before i sent it to Dell.
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com>, multiuseguy
> <multiuseguy@...> wrote:
> >
> > F2 for BIOS. Keys do not respond.
> >
> > My hands are about 2 time bigger than his and I have a slight case
> of the shakes so I don't think I will trying to deassemble this thing.
> Furthermore I probably won't remember how to get it back together
> again. I will play around and see if I can overcome the F2 problem.
> This might just have to go to Dell. Thank's for all your assistance.
> Will let you know if I succeed.
> >
> > Gene
> >
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.