Misha,
Thanks for that suggestion. It's exactly what one of the articles I was
referred to by Vincent suggested here:
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/standard-user-account.shtml
Ellen
From: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Misha
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:42 PM
To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: Recommendation about using/adding Standard
User in Win7
You might want to create a new account and make it the Administrator, then
change your existing account to Standard. That way everything will still be
the way you have it set up now.
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com> , "ejhberg" <ejhcolo@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have a Dell XPS 9100, Win7 Home Premium. I have a firewall (ESET) and am
also behind a wired router.
> I read in several e-newsletters that it is not a good idea to do everyday
computing logged in as a user with Administrative rights. That is what I
currently do. I have one user with Admin rights, and the Guest User is not
active.
> The recommendation was to set up a Standard User, and use that to work
(e-mail, Word, Web surfing, etc.), and switch to the User with Admin rights
only when needed.
> So, my questions are:
> What are your thoughts about that recommendation? Should I be a Standard
User when using my computer? If you think yes, what do you recommend as the
easiest way to set up the Standard User? I want all of the programs I use
now as the User with Admin rights to be available to the Standard User. I
want the Desktop to look the same, I want Windows Explorer settings to be
the same, Firefox Bookmarks available, etc.
> Thanks in advance.
> Ellen
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.