Monday, December 26, 2011

Re: [Simply Computers] Re: USB problem

I don't think 5 USB devices is all that uncommon. The keyboard and mouse
are always the first two, and given all of the other devices that connect
via USB, I wouldn't be surprised if some people reading this had more that
10 devices plugged in - probably using a powered hub to keep from
overloading the power supply.

- David
On Dec 25, 2011 8:49 AM, "RogerX19" <helpmeroger@earthlink.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Hi Fred,
>
> No, this is not common .. but neither is running 5 USB devices.
>
> I think you said you have 6 USB ports ... I would try plugging the 5
> devices into the computer. and not using the hub (just for a test)
>
> It's a process of elimination thing, so removing the hub from the picture
> is a good first start.
>
> Then I would plug the devices in one by one, and see if I could determine
> that one is the culprit.
>
> I think you tried this, but not sure if you tried it without the hub in
> the picture.
>
> After removing the hub, if you can't run all five USB devices at once, I
> would contact the MB manufacturer.
>
> rogerX
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Tidings <tidings_@...> wrote:
> >
> > Strange thing happens to my system ever since I upgraded to:
> >
> > Pen i5 ,2.8 gh 8 GB ram
> > Asus mother mb
> > 6 USB mixes 2 and 3
> > Win7 64 prof.
> >
> > I have 5 USB devices connected - 3 to the HUB and 2 direct.
> >
> > Here's the problem:
> >
> > Every time I connect one more USB device to the 5 already connected
> > the system boots to the BIOS page only and stalls, if I force it to
> > boot it by pass the BIOS page and then tells me ( Insert Disk to reboot)
> > in other words does not recognize even the HD.
> >
> > I tried disconnecting one USB device at a time and reboot, the system
> still stalls
> > I had to disconnect at least 3 devices some connected direct and some to
> the hub
> > then the system boots ok.
> >
> > Is this common?
> > Thanks
> > Fred
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
simplycomputers2-digest@yahoogroups.com
simplycomputers2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
simplycomputers2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.