Hi
After thinking about it for awhile, I would be surprised that the CMOS battery is not more easily accessible, even though the You Tube videos show otherwise.
As it's mounted on the reverse of the motherboard, you may be able to access it by removing the middle cover on the back of the laptop.
Turn the laptop upside down and see if there's a removable cover held on with 6 or 8 screws.
You may not need to take the whole thing apart ... you may just need to remove the back cover piece.
rogerX
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, multiuseguy <multiuseguy@...> wrote:
>
> F2 for BIOS. Keys do not respond.
>
> My hands are about 2 time bigger than his and I have a slight case of the shakes so I don't think I will trying to deassemble this thing. Furthermore I probably won't remember how to get it back together again. I will play around and see if I can overcome the F2 problem. This might just have to go to Dell. Thank's for all your assistance. Will let you know if I succeed.
>
> Gene
>
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.