Monday, December 26, 2011

[Simply Computers] Re: Open Office and .pdf formats

 

go to one of the files you want to open and click it once with the Right mouse button.

In the menu that opens, see if there's an "Open With" ... if so, select that, then select the program you want to open it with (Adobe Acrobat).

If you don't see the Open With selection, hold down the Shift key when you right click the file.

rogerX

--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Dastoor <pdastoor@...> wrote:
>
> Need help....Lately any and all .pdf format attachments I received automatically open in Open Office (don't have Microsoft programs) and when I go to open the file, I get the ASCII Filter Options box.  If I click ok..the file opens, NOT as a .pdf in Acrobrat Adobe but as some gibberish than is not readable.
>  
> I really need help to figure out how to correct this stuff. In the past  have save documents in Open Office.doc format and also exported to .pdf format (having 2 copies in different formats).  Now when I receive anything in .pdf, the little red "A" that tells you the type of file it is  no longer on the attachment to be opened.
>  
> Anybody know what's going on?
>  
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.