Perhaps next weekend, unless someone else has time in between.
keep in touch.
rogerX
--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, liz <piglet28266@...> wrote:
>
> Hope you had a good christmas, sorry I wasn't around to have remote assistance to fix my partners computer, ie location of pictures, windows media, disc clean up etc, any idea when someone can do remote assitance again.
> Â
> Many thanks
>
> ----- Forwarded Message -----
> From: liz <piglet28266@...>
> To: "simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com" <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Sunday, 25 December 2011, 0:48
> Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
>
>
> Yes thats fine!
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: C. Michael Stone <Enots123@...>
> To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, 25 December 2011, 0:42
> Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
>
>
> Â
>
> Liz
>
> Please let Roger remotely connect to your computer and I am sure he can fix most of your problems.
>
> Mike Stone
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: liz <piglet28266@...>
> To: simplycomputers2 <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
> Cc: helpmeroger <helpmeroger@...>
> Sent: Sat, Dec 24, 2011 11:39 am
> Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
>
> HI Roger
>
> Sorry to bother you, how do you reinstall windows. The only antivirus I have is windows security centre. AVG is not listed in the programs, I cannot doa defragment or disc clean up, nothing happens. How do you do a windows defender run!
>
> Many thanks for your help, happy christmas.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: RogerX19 <helpmeroger@...>
> To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2011, 17:18
> Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
>
>
> The easiest way for you to fix these problems is probably to reinstall Windows.
>
> This is not the solution-of-choice for many people who visit this Group, but then they have much more knowledge of computer and other resources to use.
>
> If it's Windows Media "Player" that you're missing, you may be able to download it from Microsoft.
>
> Your next message mentions that the Defender service is not running.
>
> You can try to turn it on . Click START, then RIGHT click on Computer and click Manage.
>
> Look in the window for "Services"
>
> In Services, find Windows Defender and right click and open Properties. Set it to start Automatically (in the future). Then go ahead and start it manually.
>
> let us know
>
> ps. I will have time this weekend to do a remote login to your computer and take a look, if you like.
>
> rogerX
>
> --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, liz <piglet28266@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Ã
> > I tried to do what you said about defender but it wouldn't turn on, it said it was turned off, think the engineer deleted it/somehow.Ã It is under the programs if you go into my computer and look under programs as is windows media.
> > Ã
> > I go into photos but cannot see them unless I click on each one, it was better when I had windows media.
> >
> > What is the easiest way to solve these problems, I can't restore to an earlier time than when the engineer had the computer.
> > Ã
> > Ã
> > Liz
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: RogerX19 <helpmeroger@>
> > To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2011, 1:47
> > Subject: [Simply Computers] Re: COMPUTER PROBLEMS CONTINUE
> >
> >
> >
> > Ã
> >
> > Hi Liz,
> >
> > Defender is included with Windows 7, but does not appear in the program menus. It's in Control Panel.
> >
> > Or you can click on START and then type Defender in the Search box. That should show a link to it.
> >
> > You don't need Windows Media Center or Media Player just to view photos.
> >
> > If you open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go to the Pictures folder, and try to open a picture, what happens?
> >
> > You told us it doesn't work, but you didn't say what happens when you try.
> >
> > rogerX
> >
> > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, liz <piglet28266@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am still having problems with my partners computer.Ã I now find the following.Ã He has windows 7.
> > > Ã
> > > I am trying to use windows defender, it is not in the programs, think the engineer deleted it.Ã I tried to reinstall but am told by the computer that is already included in windows vista, my partner has windows 7!Ã Ã
> > > Ã
> > > I cannot look at any photos properly, lookedà for windows media, thats not in the programs either!
> > > Ã
> > > I await your advice, sorry once again.
> > > Ã
> > > Ã
> > > Liz
> > > x
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.